Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to write Nabla function in comsol 3.4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to write nabla function in comsol 3.4? What is the syntax for this function? I wanna use it for dielectrophoresis and there is a term where I need to find the gradient of the electric field. So if anyone can help me with that it would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Tasrif

1 Reply Last Post Dec 3, 2012, 2:24 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 3, 2012, 2:24 p.m. EST
Hi

there is no shortcut, from my reminder (neither not in v4) you must write out the components, check the doc on derivative variables and variables names, the fist and second order derivative of the dependent variables are defined within COMSOL, and exist if you have at least 2nd order discretization of your mesh elements

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there is no shortcut, from my reminder (neither not in v4) you must write out the components, check the doc on derivative variables and variables names, the fist and second order derivative of the dependent variables are defined within COMSOL, and exist if you have at least 2nd order discretization of your mesh elements -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.