Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Converting a circulator into an isolator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI!!

I have implemented the '3-port circulator' example provided with the rf module and now I want to convert it into an isolator.After some search on the internet I have found that a circulator can be converted into an isolator by making one of the ports of a circulator loaded with a 50 ohm load.

I am stuck at the point that how to make this port loaded?I tried placing a slab of some materials like 'barium titanate' which have good microwave absorbing properties but it didn't work.
anyone here who could give me some hints?

Regards,

1 Reply Last Post Dec 3, 2012, 3:03 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 3, 2012, 3:03 a.m. EST

You can assign any impedance to a port.

Cheers
Edgar
You can assign any impedance to a port. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.