Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer module + optimization module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to everybody,

I am not an expert in Comsol and I would like to know if it's possible to make this performance:

I want to make a simple transient thermal problem and compare it with experimental data.
I only have measures in one point of my geometry. I suppose a heat flux by convection, with h modelled by h = A+B*T.

My goal is to obtain A and B so that simulation results in that point are close the experimental data (minimize the "distance").

My question is: Is possible to make this simulation using Comsol? Maybe with the optimization module?

I've read both opinions: optimization module can or can't be used in transient problems.
If somebody confirm me if it is or isn't possible, I won't waste time.
I use Comsol 3.5a

I look forward to receiving your answers.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

2 Replies Last Post Sep 4, 2012, 2:29 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 4, 2012, 2:13 p.m. EDT
Hello John,
Time-dependent optimization has been available in the Optimization Module starting at version 4.3; see www.comsol.com/products/4.3/#optimization
Best,
Jeff
Hello John, Time-dependent optimization has been available in the Optimization Module starting at version 4.3; see http://www.comsol.com/products/4.3/#optimization Best, Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 4, 2012, 2:29 p.m. EDT
Thank you for your fast reply
Thank you for your fast reply

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.