Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Equations coupled through boundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would need to solve a fluid flow equation coupled to a convection-diffusion equation (transport of diluted species in 2D).

However, the fluid velocity field and the particle concentration field are coupled through a boundary condition. (the model is that particles bind to the boundary and then move in one direction). The sliding velocity at the boundary is dependent on the particle concentration.

But when I (for example) choose the sliding velocity U_w at this boundary as U_w=c, Comsol does not seem to take the coupling between the fluid and the concentration field into account (the fluid flow is inhomogeneous, but the concentation stays homogeneous even though one should assume that the concentration profile changes if particles get transported)

Do you know if there is a good method to implement this system and to consider the coupling between the fluid and the active particles solved in it?

Many thanks!

1 Reply Last Post Sep 4, 2012, 8:05 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 4, 2012, 8:05 a.m. EDT
I will also attach my project file
I will also attach my project file

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.