Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error while Running Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I started getting this error all of a sudden and it says not enough disk space. I have 128GB of free space and still I am getting this error.
Does anyone have anyidea about how to resolve it?

Kind Regards,
--
MKSharma

3 Replies Last Post Aug 21, 2012, 9:23 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 20, 2012, 2:17 p.m. EDT
Hi there!

I experienced similar troubles, though my simulation just chrashed. You are probably simulating a 'transient study' where Comsol acumulates the solutions to each time-step in the Temp directory of the system partition of the disk (c: in my case). I resolved it by reguraly deleting the Temp file and freeing enough memory space.

Another option is to change the Temp folder that Comsol uses to a disk with a lot of space. There are some threads how to do this on this forum.

I don't know if your problem is the same as I had, nevertheless maybe this answer will help you in some way...

Best of luck!
Hi there! I experienced similar troubles, though my simulation just chrashed. You are probably simulating a 'transient study' where Comsol acumulates the solutions to each time-step in the Temp directory of the system partition of the disk (c: in my case). I resolved it by reguraly deleting the Temp file and freeing enough memory space. Another option is to change the Temp folder that Comsol uses to a disk with a lot of space. There are some threads how to do this on this forum. I don't know if your problem is the same as I had, nevertheless maybe this answer will help you in some way... Best of luck!

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 21, 2012, 4:19 a.m. EDT
Hi,

You should try to adjust Study Times (Time Dependent), like this:

Times: range(0,0.01,100) ---> change to range(0,2,100)

Because you reduce the numbers of calculate time, you will get smaller file.
Hi, You should try to adjust Study Times (Time Dependent), like this: Times: range(0,0.01,100) ---> change to range(0,2,100) Because you reduce the numbers of calculate time, you will get smaller file.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 21, 2012, 9:23 a.m. EDT
thank you guys..my problem is solved

--
MKSharma
thank you guys..my problem is solved -- MKSharma

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.