Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

T amb in surface to surface radiation module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI !
I just had a doubt in the following model,

www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/494/

why is T amb for "surface to surface radiation" boundary has different values ... ? even though for an enclosed space ... T amb does not matter as per the reference given by COMSOl.

What is the use of "Tamb" in Radiation module ???

1 Reply Last Post Dec 3, 2012, 5:27 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Santhosh Kumar CT

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 3, 2012, 5:27 a.m. EST
I have same dubt. Some answer?

HI !
I just had a doubt in the following model,

www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/494/

why is T amb for "surface to surface radiation" boundary has different values ... ? even though for an enclosed space ... T amb does not matter as per the reference given by COMSOl.

What is the use of "Tamb" in Radiation module ???

I have same dubt. Some answer? [QUOTE] HI ! I just had a doubt in the following model, http://www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/494/ why is T amb for "surface to surface radiation" boundary has different values ... ? even though for an enclosed space ... T amb does not matter as per the reference given by COMSOl. What is the use of "Tamb" in Radiation module ??? [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.