Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Postprocessing using min and max in a given time interval

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I have a very simple post-processing problem for time dependent simulation, but got stuck and couldn't find a way to solve it.

I just need to evaluate the difference between the min and max value of a scalar variable within a given time interval. This difference should then be stored in a table for export. All I found was to evaluate either the max value or the min value (or both, next to each other) but no way to tell Comsol to subtract one from the other...

I also found the two new post-processing functions timeint and timeav in 4.2a, but nothing like timemax or timemin.

Any idea?

Cheers,
Eric

2 Replies Last Post Dec 6, 2017, 9:17 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 10, 2011, 12:50 p.m. EST
Hi

I'm afraid the easiest is to dump the max an ins in a table and use excel, or export the results to matlab.

But the timemin() and timemax() could be handy indeed ;) perhaps you should suggest them to support

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm afraid the easiest is to dump the max an ins in a table and use excel, or export the results to matlab. But the timemin() and timemax() could be handy indeed ;) perhaps you should suggest them to support -- Good luck Ivar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Dec 6, 2017, 9:17 a.m. EST

This is an old thread, but in case someone is still wondering: the timemax and timemin operators do what you want, Eric. See Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.3, page 252 for its syntax.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
This is an old thread, but in case someone is still wondering: the timemax and timemin operators do what you want, Eric. See Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.3, page 252 for its syntax. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.