Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

failed to find consistenet initial values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

what should I do with this error ?

and My MUMPS allocation factor increased . if i do not now anything about the initial values of my problem , what should I do ?

should I change the solver ?

I have multiphysics problem and I use Transient Initialization solver too before my time dependent.

what should I do to get rid off this error ?

thanks

3 Replies Last Post May 24, 2011, 10:40 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2011, 10:11 a.m. EDT
Hi

I would rather look at the BCs and the initial values, probably you are start too far off the final result and the solver does not amange to get a fixed starting point, or you have one or several of your variables that are no continuous arounf the starting point.

I do not believe it's primarly a solver issue

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would rather look at the BCs and the initial values, probably you are start too far off the final result and the solver does not amange to get a fixed starting point, or you have one or several of your variables that are no continuous arounf the starting point. I do not believe it's primarly a solver issue -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2011, 10:12 a.m. EDT
if I do not know the approximate range of my answers , what should I do ?

if I do not know the approximate range of my answers , what should I do ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2011, 10:40 a.m. EDT
Hi

in may cases a reasonable guess, even a linear extrapolation is better than just "0"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in may cases a reasonable guess, even a linear extrapolation is better than just "0" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.