Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dear Ivar. regarding boundary plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Thanks for replying.

In comsol 3.2(FEMLAB), the boundary plot was line.

But as I know, in 4.0 I can't boudary plot in line..

Is there no line boundary plot in 4.0a ?

THanks

3 Replies Last Post May 3, 2011, 2:28 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2011, 2:05 a.m. EDT
Hi

it depends ;)

in what dimensions are you using ? a Boundary is a surface in 3D, or a line in 2D.

So if you are in 2D and V4, you may add a line plot : right click Results add 1D plot group. Then right click this new node and add a line graph, select your boundary and set your variable (CNTRL + SPACE gives yuo the default list)

if you are in 3D a boundary requires a "2D plot group to which you add "surface" plot node.

If you want to do a line cut plot on a 2D surface boundary (another case) then you can do this by creating a new Data set (right click "Data Sets" and add a split line + coordinates, or select an edge if it exist for your case

One thing forget 4.0a, get a newer 4.1 patched version, see with your local COMSOl rep, or sysadmin

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it depends ;) in what dimensions are you using ? a Boundary is a surface in 3D, or a line in 2D. So if you are in 2D and V4, you may add a line plot : right click Results add 1D plot group. Then right click this new node and add a line graph, select your boundary and set your variable (CNTRL + SPACE gives yuo the default list) if you are in 3D a boundary requires a "2D plot group to which you add "surface" plot node. If you want to do a line cut plot on a 2D surface boundary (another case) then you can do this by creating a new Data set (right click "Data Sets" and add a split line + coordinates, or select an edge if it exist for your case One thing forget 4.0a, get a newer 4.1 patched version, see with your local COMSOl rep, or sysadmin -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2011, 2:08 a.m. EDT
Thanks IVAR.

I am sorry but there was my mistake.

I mean the boundary "height" plot.

Can I plot the 1-D height boundary plot?

Thanks
Thanks IVAR. I am sorry but there was my mistake. I mean the boundary "height" plot. Can I plot the 1-D height boundary plot? Thanks

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2011, 2:28 a.m. EDT
Hi

That is a good question !

Indeed, that one I do not see in V4, for 1D,
it's there for 2D, as a sub node of the surface plot.

Perhaps something to ask support about, and call it a suggestion for next release ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi That is a good question ! Indeed, that one I do not see in V4, for 1D, it's there for 2D, as a sub node of the surface plot. Perhaps something to ask support about, and call it a suggestion for next release ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.