Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem on Script of Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!
I have a problem when using COMSOL on Linux platform. At the begining, I use the remote desktop to run COMSOL on another computer whose operating system is Linux, while my laptop computer is Microsoft Windows and it runs very well. However, as our computer center ask us not to run programs directly under the Login interface, but to submit a script to put our work in queue. Thus I have to found a way to write a script to run COMSOL on Linux. I have found how to start COMSOL through SSH tunnel, but how to write a script to start a mission is still a problem.
I hope someone can offer me a script sample of how to run comsol under Linux. Waiting for the reply!

4 Replies Last Post Jan 11, 2011, 2:01 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 24, 2010, 8:13 a.m. EDT
It is good that you have been able to connect to the computer via an ssh tunnel! Are you running this on a cluster? If this is so you must create a script file that you can submit to the job queue. I am currently doing a benchmark on a single 16 core system on a cluster then I will broaden out to other nodes.

MT
It is good that you have been able to connect to the computer via an ssh tunnel! Are you running this on a cluster? If this is so you must create a script file that you can submit to the job queue. I am currently doing a benchmark on a single 16 core system on a cluster then I will broaden out to other nodes. MT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 24, 2010, 8:56 p.m. EDT
Yes, I am just running the comsol on a cluster but have some problems on the script writing. What should be imclude in a job script? I have read some script samples of running programs such as Gaussian03, VASP,..., but I still have some problems and don't know how to write a script for COMSOL. Could you email a script sample of comsol to me? My email address is: shishuigutan3@163.com. Thank you very much!
Yes, I am just running the comsol on a cluster but have some problems on the script writing. What should be imclude in a job script? I have read some script samples of running programs such as Gaussian03, VASP,..., but I still have some problems and don't know how to write a script for COMSOL. Could you email a script sample of comsol to me? My email address is: shishuigutan3@163.com. Thank you very much!

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 24, 2010, 5:21 p.m. EDT
i am running comsol3.5a in windows vista machine. For 3D models it shows out of memory error every time. so I decided to run comsol through ssh tunnel.

how do i actually connect to the remote system which has linux version of comsol installed in it.?

please take a look at the attachment. this message is what i am getting when i try to get connect with the linux remote machine.

regards
sriram
i am running comsol3.5a in windows vista machine. For 3D models it shows out of memory error every time. so I decided to run comsol through ssh tunnel. how do i actually connect to the remote system which has linux version of comsol installed in it.? please take a look at the attachment. this message is what i am getting when i try to get connect with the linux remote machine. regards sriram

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 11, 2011, 2:01 p.m. EST
Hi

I have the same problem with creating a script to submit my jobs on cluster. Could you please share your script here?
Thank you very much

Honghui
Hi I have the same problem with creating a script to submit my jobs on cluster. Could you please share your script here? Thank you very much Honghui

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.