Modeling the deformation mechanism of a ferromagnetic cantilever using magnetic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to model a mechanism for deforming a terahertz metasurface with a magnetic field generated by a set of coils that allow magnetic field generation in three directions. In this case, I am interested in finding the value of the magnetic field density that will allow me to deform the metasurface. At first, I can assume that it will be a simple cantilever consisting of a ferromagnet with a thickness of 1 um and dimensions of 5x100 um (by default it will be 3 layers: silicon, alluminum and ferromagnetic. In the future, I plan other shapes than ordinary cantilevers (such as spirals). I am interested in very large deformations, including complete bending of the cantilever. How to model this mechanically. Is it possible not to put the coils in the model just to adjust the intensity of the magnetic field in the domain. How can this be best implemented? ? I attach my model, could you take a look at what is wrong with it?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.