Smooth plot for DEP

Aaditya Venkatesha Babu Bangaru

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am simulating dielectrophoresis in the fluid domain. For this, I first simulate the electric potential along the electrode edge. The potential plot along the electrode has to be smooth for my calculations, but unfortunately, I am getting noise in the plot even with a mesh of 0.075, which increases exponentially for electric field normal and other subsequent calculations. The smoothing factor in the plot setting has not been helpful either. Is there a way that I can get a very smooth electric potential plot without the noise and is the smoothed electric potential data automatically used for the electric field normal plot by the COMSOL?"

1 Reply Last Post Feb 20, 2024, 3:32 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 months ago Feb 20, 2024, 3:32 p.m. EST
Updated: 2 months ago Feb 20, 2024, 3:32 p.m. EST

I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum to allow others to inspect your settings (there are many that could make a difference here) and to observe the noise that you mention.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum to allow others to inspect your settings (there are many that could make a difference here) and to observe the noise that you mention.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.