Capacitively Coupled Plasma

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi eveyone, may I know how to solve these errors in COMSOL 6.1? Hope to hear the good news from you all. Thank you.

Failed to find a solution. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned.

3 Replies Last Post Dec 26, 2023, 10:38 a.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Dec 26, 2023, 10:03 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 months ago Dec 26, 2023, 10:03 a.m. EST

Sounds like you have one or more errors in your setup and specification of the problem. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Sounds like you have one or more errors in your setup and specification of the problem. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

Posted: 4 months ago Dec 26, 2023, 10:28 a.m. EST

Hi Sir, I unable to upload the files as it exceed 5MB limit. How to solve this problem?

Hi Sir, I unable to upload the files as it exceed 5MB limit. How to solve this problem?

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Dec 26, 2023, 10:38 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 months ago Dec 26, 2023, 10:41 a.m. EST

As the Comsol folks explain, "If your MPH-files are large, you can greatly reduce their size by selecting Clear All Built Meshes from the Mesh menu and Clear All Solutions from the Study menu, and then saving your MPH-files."

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
As the Comsol folks explain, "If your MPH-files are large, you can greatly reduce their size by selecting Clear All Built Meshes from the Mesh menu and Clear All Solutions from the Study menu, and then saving your MPH-files."

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.