Deformation of mode shape of solid mechanics eigenfrequency calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to calculate the mode shape of the acoustic mode of the waveguide with certain geometry using solid mechanics module. After the calculation, a deformation node was automatically generated with mode shape making the mode profile look a little bit strange. I found the explanation of this deformation node and I just want to make sure that you can only get the actually mode distribution if you set the scale factor to be 1.

Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post Nov 6, 2023, 3:02 a.m. EST
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 months ago Nov 6, 2023, 3:02 a.m. EST

As the amplitude of an eigenmode is arbitrary, you can set the deformation scale to anything that provides a nice visualization. The actual scaling of the eigenmode is controlled in the Output section in the settings for the Eigenvalue Solver node.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
As the amplitude of an eigenmode is arbitrary, you can set the deformation scale to anything that provides a nice visualization. The actual scaling of the eigenmode is controlled in the *Output* section in the settings for the *Eigenvalue Solver* node.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.