Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Defining a function as definite integral

Abhijit Bhattacharyya

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello! I have some parameters which need to be defined as Par1 = const1 + Func1(x) with some given x as real number. The function Func1(x) needs to be defined as Func1(x) = integrate(1.0/(1- x * x * sin(y) * sin(y)), y, 0, pi/2).

If I try to define using Analytic in Global definition, I need to define function with two arguments x, y while y should not be supported as it is defined in the definite integral limits.

If I try to define as parameter then I cannot define it as Func1(x) but as just Func1 means I am unable to supply argument values.

Since Func1(x) is basically complete Elliptic Integral, I tried to search pre-defined integral function in COMSOL which I did not get. Please give me handle how may I resolve this issue. Thanks and Regards Abhijit

0 Replies Last Post Jul 6, 2023, 8:19 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abhijit Bhattacharyya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.