Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

function from Image

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I define a fuction from an image. However, I find the accuracy of my original image has been compressed. I hope every pixel is consevered. What should I do?

1 Reply Last Post Jul 6, 2023, 4:43 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 months ago Jul 6, 2023, 4:43 p.m. EDT
Updated: 10 months ago Jul 7, 2023, 2:05 p.m. EDT

Hi Jie,

Make sure your computational mesh is sufficiently fine when you call the function, so that it samples the image data properly. I find the "Plot" button on the function window useful as a preview, but you can get the data sampled finer by using a fine computational mesh.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Jie, Make sure your computational mesh is sufficiently fine when you call the function, so that it samples the image data properly. I find the "Plot" button on the function window useful as a preview, but you can get the data sampled finer by using a fine computational mesh. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.