Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mixture flow error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I'm trying to model a simple stationary mixture laminar flow, however I counter this error

Failed to find a solution.
Singular matrix.

There are 4567 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable mod1.phid
at coordinates: (0.00699301,0), (0.013986,0), (0.00699301,0.00122764), (0.020979,0), (0.00699301,0.25), ...
Returned solution is not converged.

In this project we are aiming to observe the fluidize bed.
I've tried to change every bit of my material but the result was the same.
mean while I'm attaching the whole project
I will be glad if you could help me
best regards
Babak Alizadeh

3 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2012, 11:03 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 9, 2012, 11:42 a.m. EDT
hi
i have the same problem
:(
is there anybody can help me to solve this problem ????
thanks
hi i have the same problem :( is there anybody can help me to solve this problem ???? thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 9, 2012, 12:53 p.m. EDT
Hi
I solved the first problem by giving the initial condition for phid, since my project is in 2d it gives me this problem while it's converging

Failed to find a solution.
Maximum number of Newton iterations reached.
Returned solution is not converged.

what should I do?
It is emergency please help me
Best regard
Babak Alizadeh
Hi I solved the first problem by giving the initial condition for phid, since my project is in 2d it gives me this problem while it's converging Failed to find a solution. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. Returned solution is not converged. what should I do? It is emergency please help me Best regard Babak Alizadeh

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 9, 2012, 11:03 p.m. EDT
hi
I have the same problem the other problem is how i can change the of determine the viscosity, while the software always using the Krieger expression to determine it. how i can use another equation to calculate the viscosity.
thanks
hi I have the same problem the other problem is how i can change the of determine the viscosity, while the software always using the Krieger expression to determine it. how i can use another equation to calculate the viscosity. thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.