Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Hiding geometry boundaries in graphics window?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a model geometry that includes some sub-domains. I want to show the results from these domains, but I don't want their boundaries to be visible in the graphics window, so visually the model looks like only one domian. Does anyone know if and how this can be done?

6 Replies Last Post May 22, 2012, 11:17 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 8, 2012, 12:18 p.m. EDT
Hi

I'm not sure that works, but have you tried to use multiple "definitions View add Hide Entity" and elected the internal boundaries, and then in another node the edges/lines and thereafter the points you want to hide ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure that works, but have you tried to use multiple "definitions View add Hide Entity" and elected the internal boundaries, and then in another node the edges/lines and thereafter the points you want to hide ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago May 10, 2012, 8:21 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I was able to remove most of the boundaries that way, but in extruded circle-domains there are always four "vertical" lines that remain.

Thanks for the help!
Hi, I was able to remove most of the boundaries that way, but in extruded circle-domains there are always four "vertical" lines that remain. Thanks for the help!

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 11, 2012, 3:12 a.m. EDT
Hi,

You should be able to remove the vertical lines by clearing the "Plot data set edges" check box in the plot goup node's settings window. This action, however, also removes all other data set edges from the plot.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, You should be able to remove the vertical lines by clearing the "Plot data set edges" check box in the plot goup node's settings window. This action, however, also removes all other data set edges from the plot. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 1 decade ago May 22, 2012, 6:11 a.m. EDT
Hi guys, I believe my question is related and relevant here:

Suppose I want to look at the results of the model I've studied but only in part of the model. So I create a filter telling it what I want to see. I know that if I want to look at a specific domain for example, I can use the filter 'dom==3' or alike. Can this be done with a boundary as well? 'bound==19'? What is the parallel to 'dom' for boundary, or edge?

Thanks,
Shoval
Hi guys, I believe my question is related and relevant here: Suppose I want to look at the results of the model I've studied but only in part of the model. So I create a filter telling it what I want to see. I know that if I want to look at a specific domain for example, I can use the filter 'dom==3' or alike. Can this be done with a boundary as well? 'bound==19'? What is the parallel to 'dom' for boundary, or edge? Thanks, Shoval

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 22, 2012, 7:18 a.m. EDT
Hi
use rather the Data Set Cut Boundary ot line or ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi use rather the Data Set Cut Boundary ot line or ... -- Good luck Ivar

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 22, 2012, 11:17 a.m. EDT
Hi,

As mentioned, there are several ways of hiding geometry boundaries that are easier to use than the 'dom' variable. Just for information, the 'dom' geometric variable is valid for all types of geometric entities (even if its name might indicate that it is for domains only). Depending on the context, it represents the domain number, the boundary number, the edge number, or the vertex (point) number. So in a 3D plot group, for example, using a Filter subnode with dom==3 for a surface plot, restricts the plot to boundary 3.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh, COMSOL
Hi, As mentioned, there are several ways of hiding geometry boundaries that are easier to use than the 'dom' variable. Just for information, the 'dom' geometric variable is valid for all types of geometric entities (even if its name might indicate that it is for domains only). Depending on the context, it represents the domain number, the boundary number, the edge number, or the vertex (point) number. So in a 3D plot group, for example, using a Filter subnode with dom==3 for a surface plot, restricts the plot to boundary 3. Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.