Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting initial conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I have a transient model consisting of several domains, and each domain has a prescribed initial value (in my case, it is an initial magnetic potential).

I would like to visualize these initial conditions as a plot, but before any consistent stabilization is applied, therefore I cannot simply plot the solution at time zero.

The initial values are prescribed in Initial Values nodes in the Magnetic Fields interface, therefore I would expect to be able to write an expression that plots these values, for example "mf.init1..."

However I'm not quite certain how to reference these values in an expression. It would be convenient if such an operator was already defined in COMSOL.

If not, I think I can construct a single expression for the whole model using the domain number conditional, but I simply don't know how to reference the values contained in the initial value nodes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps, I set the initial values using the LiveLink interface as follows:

model.physics('mf').feature('init2').set('A', {'0'; '2'; '0'})

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post May 12, 2011, 12:48 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aaron

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.