Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

tracking volume change with time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, as the title suggests, I'd like to plot the volume of a domain in my model with respect to time. I'm using comsol 3.5. Does anyone know if it can it do this? and, if so, how?
Thanks,
Em

1 Reply Last Post May 12, 2011, 3:55 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 12, 2011, 3:55 p.m. EDT
Hi

which physics/application mode are you using ?

if you are in structural, I would try to :

turn on the deformed frame in the physics tab and then integrate the domain in the deformed frame. The volume is the integration of operand "1" ( times implicit dx*dy*dz) but if you integrate the material frame it is the underformed volume, you need to integrate x=X+u,y=Y+v,z=Z+w

if you arenot in the structural, then I'm not sure how you define the "change in volume" it becomes module dependent, no ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi which physics/application mode are you using ? if you are in structural, I would try to : turn on the deformed frame in the physics tab and then integrate the domain in the deformed frame. The volume is the integration of operand "1" ( times implicit dx*dy*dz) but if you integrate the material frame it is the underformed volume, you need to integrate x=X+u,y=Y+v,z=Z+w if you arenot in the structural, then I'm not sure how you define the "change in volume" it becomes module dependent, no ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.