Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flux/source condition in mathematics module.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am solving a set of PDEs using the coefficient form in comsol. I have populated the system with appropirate coefficients. The problem being studied is a plate with a hole subjected to tension in x direction. Hence I have to apply traction free boundary condition to the surfaces of the hole.

When I invoke the flux boundary condition, it asks for five set of flux equations for the traction free surface. In reality I just have the eqautions for traction free boundary conditions in x and y directions. What should be done for the other three flux/source terms?

0 Replies Last Post Apr 14, 2018, 1:58 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aswin Rajeevan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.