Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Transfer using a parabolic equation for heat flux

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to do a simple heat transfer simulation of three part wall. I want to apply a heat flux to one side and limit the heat transfer through the model. I want the heat flux to be on the out side of the wall using a parabolic adjustment or a step equation which ever works easier. PLEASE I NEED HELP.

2 Replies Last Post Apr 23, 2011, 5:12 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 22, 2011, 5:20 p.m. EDT
Hi

its not easy to understand, is it for a transient "heat" pulse, or a spatial distributed heat source. In both cases you can efficiently use the functions of V4. For the spatial distribution, search the forum for the "moving laser heat source" cases

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi its not easy to understand, is it for a transient "heat" pulse, or a spatial distributed heat source. In both cases you can efficiently use the functions of V4. For the spatial distribution, search the forum for the "moving laser heat source" cases -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 23, 2011, 5:12 p.m. EDT
I haven't been able to find what your looking for. All i want to do is apply a time dependent heat flux equation to one wall.
I haven't been able to find what your looking for. All i want to do is apply a time dependent heat flux equation to one wall.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.