Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Gas diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am a new user of this software. I heard this is a very powerful software but I really don't know how to use it. Hope someone here can help me out.

The problem I try to solve is I have a sealed disk-shape cavity. The cavity is filled with air initially(N2:O2=4:1). I open a hole at one end of the disk to inject pure N2 then open another hole at the other side of the cavity to expell gases. It is expected the O2 concentration inside the cavity should decrease with time. I want to know the O2 concentration distribution inside the cavity at any moment.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 19, 2011, 1:32 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 19, 2011, 1:32 a.m. EDT
Hi

The quickest way to learn the tool is to go through several of the examples in the doc and from the model library, take the simple one to start with one physics at the time, select the ones that uses the physics you believe you need for your example. Then only start with your own complex example.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi The quickest way to learn the tool is to go through several of the examples in the doc and from the model library, take the simple one to start with one physics at the time, select the ones that uses the physics you believe you need for your example. Then only start with your own complex example. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.