Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export data into a file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to export the data (1D line graph) to a txt file from comsol 4.1. In the txt file created by comsol 4.1, the data were saved along the same row, e.g., x1 y1 x2 y2 ....

In comsol 3.5, the x and y data are saved into two columns, e.g.
x1 y1
x2 y2

The old format (3.5) is a lot easier to read. Is there any way to do the same in 4.1?

Also, I saw some discussions on "transfering" the data in a table and exporting the data from table. But I did not figure out how to do this. Will the data be saved into two columns in this way?

Thanks a lot!

Hainan

2 Replies Last Post Jun 5, 2011, 10:26 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hainan Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 4, 2011, 8:33 a.m. EDT
I am trying to export a plot to a txt file in Comsol 4.1a, but I couldnt figure out how. Is there a tab or an icon?
I am trying to export a plot to a txt file in Comsol 4.1a, but I couldnt figure out how. Is there a tab or an icon?

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 5, 2011, 10:26 p.m. EDT

Hi all,

I am trying to export the data (1D line graph) to a txt file from comsol 4.1. In the txt file created by comsol 4.1, the data were saved along the same row, e.g., x1 y1 x2 y2 ....

In comsol 3.5, the x and y data are saved into two columns, e.g.
x1 y1
x2 y2

The old format (3.5) is a lot easier to read. Is there any way to do the same in 4.1?

Also, I saw some discussions on "transfering" the data in a table and exporting the data from table. But I did not figure out how to do this. Will the data be saved into two columns in this way?

Thanks a lot!

Hainan

You can open the txt file using the Excel, then the contents will be much easier to read.
[QUOTE] Hi all, I am trying to export the data (1D line graph) to a txt file from comsol 4.1. In the txt file created by comsol 4.1, the data were saved along the same row, e.g., x1 y1 x2 y2 .... In comsol 3.5, the x and y data are saved into two columns, e.g. x1 y1 x2 y2 ... The old format (3.5) is a lot easier to read. Is there any way to do the same in 4.1? Also, I saw some discussions on "transfering" the data in a table and exporting the data from table. But I did not figure out how to do this. Will the data be saved into two columns in this way? Thanks a lot! Hainan [/QUOTE] You can open the txt file using the Excel, then the contents will be much easier to read.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.