Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

License Error -18

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am using COMSOL to simulate the current change with diffusion of reacting species in transient state. I can do the calculation in version 3.5a, but not in version 4.1. The Transport of Diluted Species and Electric Currents module were used. The error message appears right after the compute command was choosing. The error message was :

Error in automatic sequence generation.
Could not obtain license for AC/DC module.
License error:-18
License server system does not support this feature.

I can use exactly the same module to simulate the problem in stationary state. The problem only appear while I am trying to calculate the problem in transient state.

I would be appreciated if someone can tell me what the problem is.

Thank you,

Jo

2 Replies Last Post Mar 26, 2012, 2:04 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 15, 2010, 3:13 a.m. EST
Hi

I suspect you have some combination of modules required and that you do not have all, with v4.1 the mix of physics and applications need are crossed. Check it out with your local comsol rep

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I suspect you have some combination of modules required and that you do not have all, with v4.1 the mix of physics and applications need are crossed. Check it out with your local comsol rep -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 26, 2012, 2:04 a.m. EDT
Hi,
After the insallation, an error message appears"License server system does not support this feature". I do not know how to solve this problem?Could you please tell me how to solve this issue to lmake the program working? Or you can tell me the detailed installation procedure of Comsol 4.1. Actually I get bored from installation many times, and still face the same problem.Thanks.
Hi, After the insallation, an error message appears"License server system does not support this feature". I do not know how to solve this problem?Could you please tell me how to solve this issue to lmake the program working? Or you can tell me the detailed installation procedure of Comsol 4.1. Actually I get bored from installation many times, and still face the same problem.Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.