Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cluster and Paradiso Out of Core Solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all

I would like to ask a question regarding solving "Huge Models" in Cluster Computing based on Linux.
My model is a 3D, RF Module, Eigenfrequency Simulation(Version 4 in both cluster and my computer). No of mesh elements ~800k. [After using symmetry and other options in my geometry]. DOF~5 million DOFs. I know, it is too large, hence i resort to a cluster computing platform. Upto 2 million DOFs, i am able to solve in the cluster platform.

I was told by COMSOL support to go for the "Paradiso" solver with Out of core option. Can anyone say, how much memory should i set in the out of core option. And how much should I ask from each processor/node from the cluster?

I have seen papers in COMSOL users conference with 10 million DOFs. So i guess there is a way to do it. If anyone, please share the details.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards
Perumal

0 Replies Last Post Dec 8, 2010, 4:34 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Perumal Dharanipathy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.