Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transition from 3.5 to 4.0: MATLAB connectivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have custom matlab scripts which use commands such as postinterp and xmeshinfo to retrieve results value and mesh information from fem structure.

I used to fire up comsol, create model, run and solve it. Then connect to Matlab and export the fem structure and use postinterp and xmeshinfo commands to save relevant data in different formats so that i can import them in other softwares.

With fem structure out of picture in 4.X versions of comsol, can someone suggest me the best way to move forward?
Instead of fem structure, I have model object in my MATLAB workspace. Are there any new functions similar to xmeshinfo and postinterp which I can use on model object and gets my results and mesh information?

Please note, my custom matlab script does not create the comsol nor solves it. It simply relies on fem structure in MATLAB workspace to retrieve results and meshinfo. I would like to replicate this in Comsol 4.x

Sanket

0 Replies Last Post Dec 7, 2010, 3:55 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sanket Jain

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.