Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple Question: access to data of each point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I want to access to each point's data (I mean each node in a specific subdomain, where the variables are solved and updated) during a time dependent analysis. Does anybody know how to do this, especially in script. This is useful for manipulating variables during transient analysis wherever you want by calling some MATLAB functions.

Thanks in advance
Mil

1 Reply Last Post Mar 5, 2010, 4:45 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 5, 2010, 4:45 p.m. EST
Hi
have you checked "posteval" in the "mlinterface.pdf" and "command.pdf" docs ?

when you run a time transient analysis the fem.solution gets an addition fem.sol.tlist field and you can use either the "Solnum" as index into the tlist or the "T" time property name to access the desired time values.

I you weant the result at an interpolated time, use the "postinterp" fucntion instead

Hope this helps
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked "posteval" in the "mlinterface.pdf" and "command.pdf" docs ? when you run a time transient analysis the fem.solution gets an addition fem.sol.tlist field and you can use either the "Solnum" as index into the tlist or the "T" time property name to access the desired time values. I you weant the result at an interpolated time, use the "postinterp" fucntion instead Hope this helps Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.