Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Saving data before completion and if statement in time dependent step?

Battery Engineer Electric Vehicles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I keep getting Comsol errors but still want to see and analyze the data before the crash is there some way for me to do this? Would it be possible to put a stop condition in the time dependent stop and not just solve for a final stop time? I am using the battery module and need the model to stop if the voltage gets too high or too low as it crashes the model. I have tried multiplying my stop time by (phis<0.7)(phis>4.8) where phis is the cell potential but it doesnt read the variable. I am running a parameter estimation step with this so its kind of a necessity i do this auto not manual.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 15, 2021, 10:51 a.m. EST
Battery Engineer Electric Vehicles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Jan 15, 2021, 10:51 a.m. EST

I have used a stop condition with the last option to save output before and after stop for all time steps. This is fine but the stop condition stops the entire time dependent step even if i have a parameter estimation running. I can add the stop condition to a parameter sweep but not the parameter esitamtion. How do i do it with parameter estimation step?

I have used a stop condition with the last option to save output before and after stop for all time steps. This is fine but the stop condition stops the entire time dependent step even if i have a parameter estimation running. I can add the stop condition to a parameter sweep but not the parameter esitamtion. How do i do it with parameter estimation step?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.