Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Interpolation function for Velocity(x,t)

Ruth Alejandra Riveros

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone! I am trying to use the function Interpolation to import velocity data that depends on position and time V(x,t) into COMSOL and set it as the outlet velocity boundary condition. Despite I tried to assign the units to the arguments as seconds and meters, respectively, as explained at "Common Settings for the Function Nodes" from Help documentation, the plot of the surface shows [m] for both x and y (the arguments) and [m/s] for z. When I call the interpolation function at Velocity Outlet boundary condition, and I use previously defined position and time variables with their units, I obtained an error about the expected units for velocity. Could you please help me with the unit assignment for the Interpolation function for a V(x,t) data set? Thank you in advance!

1 Reply Last Post Dec 1, 2020, 3:41 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Dec 1, 2020, 3:41 a.m. EST

Hi, Ruth Alejandra. You should assign the units to the arguments as m,s, and the function as m/s, respectively. And then you can call the interpolation function as v(x,t).

All the best,

Songcai

Hi, Ruth Alejandra. You should assign the units to the **arguments** as m,s, and the **function** as m/s, respectively. And then you can call the interpolation function as v(x,t). All the best, Songcai

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.