Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Validity of Fick's Law of Diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on the diffusion induced stress and deformation. The deformation is large of the order 300%. I recently read that for large deformation, Fick's second law is not valid in the spatial framework. This would mean that I have to use (dC/dt)+grad(J)=0 in the material framework. But in material framework, is J = -D grad(C)?

0 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2019, 12:08 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sameep Shah

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.