Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Batch export 3D plots of multiple mode shapes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm using COMSOL 5.2 with the Structural Mechanics module to calculate eigenfrequencies and eigenmode shapes of a nanobeam design. I would like to export a 3D visualization of all the mode shapes that have been calculated, for example into a series of image files in a folder. I know how to export a 3D plot of every individual mode shape (by selecting an eigenfrequency and saving the corresponding mode shape), but I'm looking for an option that will allow a 'batch' export of all eigenmodes.

It feels like there should be a natural way for this, but I haven't been able to find it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 Replies Last Post Sep 20, 2018, 9:09 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Sep 18, 2018, 11:00 a.m. EDT

You can do this by creating an Animation and setting Output type to Image sequence.

You can do this by creating an Animation and setting Output type to Image sequence.

Posted: 6 years ago Sep 20, 2018, 9:09 a.m. EDT

Thanks Gunnar, works like a charm!

Thanks Gunnar, works like a charm!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.