Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Working with parameterized datasets

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a problem where I am trying to optimize a parameterized geometery. So for a large number of parameter settings I have COMSOL output datasets (e.g. x vs y datasets) and I need to analyze these datasets to evaluate the "goodness" of my geometery - for example extracting a resonance frequency and a Q-factor for each parameterized solution.

I think I have two questions:

1) How do I automatically export datasets to a file for each parameter sweep so I can evaluate them externally (using Excel, Python, etc.)

or barring this,

2) How do I evaluate these datasets internally to COMSOL?

0 Replies Last Post Jul 18, 2018, 6:54 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Peter H

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.