Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error 6234: Shape info not found

Sébastien RANCOURT-GRENIER

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I build a model that used 2 time the RF module with the structural module.

That said, when i tried the solve the model before it even try to compute the model, a error message appear and say

-Geometry : 1
-Frame: ale
-Subdomain : 4

Anyone has a clue

3 Replies Last Post Feb 28, 2010, 10:48 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 23, 2009, 3:37 p.m. EST
Hi

when using several similar application modes (or with the same original name) you can easily get naming conflicts (variables are i.e. rho_smsld), there are some comments about this in the documentation.

So either you know that there is none such conflicts, or you can rename the application mode name (but only once when you create it in the multiphysics window) i.e. slsmd and smsld2, just as you should ensure that there are no conflict with the dependent and independent variables when adding new similar physics.

Hope this helps
Good luck
Ivar
Hi when using several similar application modes (or with the same original name) you can easily get naming conflicts (variables are i.e. rho_smsld), there are some comments about this in the documentation. So either you know that there is none such conflicts, or you can rename the application mode name (but only once when you create it in the multiphysics window) i.e. slsmd and smsld2, just as you should ensure that there are no conflict with the dependent and independent variables when adding new similar physics. Hope this helps Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2010, 8:13 a.m. EST

I build a model that used 2 time the RF module with the structural module.

That said, when i tried the solve the model before it even try to compute the model, a error message appear and say

-Geometry : 1
-Frame: ale
-Subdomain : 4

Anyone has a clue

I am getting the same problem, in my case it is because I de-activated (clicking "Active in this domain" off) a couple of domains which are not supposed to move anyways to save computation time. But COMOLS wants them in. Make sure all your subdomains are active in your "Subdomain Settings".
[QUOTE] I build a model that used 2 time the RF module with the structural module. That said, when i tried the solve the model before it even try to compute the model, a error message appear and say Error 6234: Shape info not found -Geometry : 1 -Frame: ale -Subdomain : 4 Anyone has a clue [/QUOTE] I am getting the same problem, in my case it is because I de-activated (clicking "Active in this domain" off) a couple of domains which are not supposed to move anyways to save computation time. But COMOLS wants them in. Make sure all your subdomains are active in your "Subdomain Settings".

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 28, 2010, 10:48 a.m. EST
Hi

if the shape is not supposed to "move" then you must also ensure that your boundary condtions respect this, especially if you say "active in this domain" for the ALE

can that help you on the way ?
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if the shape is not supposed to "move" then you must also ensure that your boundary condtions respect this, especially if you say "active in this domain" for the ALE can that help you on the way ? Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.