Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

harmonic perturbation in frequency domain analysis for heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I just found that the v5.3 has the frequency domain perturbation analysis for heat transfer, which sounds really useful to me.

Here is what I would like to do: when the tempeature of a compoent in my system is perturbed by a samll amount (let's say 0.1 degree) at some particular frequency (100 Hz, for example), I would like to know the total dissipated power in one perturbation period (which is 0.01 second in this case). I have a feeling that this is something related to the heat flux or the temperature gradient and I hope Comsol could directly give out this value, but I am not sure. Can anyone help me with this? Many many thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post Oct 21, 2017, 10:51 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 21, 2017, 10:51 a.m. EDT
Updated: 6 years ago Oct 21, 2017, 10:51 a.m. EDT

By the way, I tried playing with this new feature just for a very short while. I found that if the perturbation harmonic frequency is a littile bit high (>1000 Hz in my case), then it doesn't work properly becasue the first step, which is the stationary solution step, doesn't show proper solution anymore. I hope COMSOL could provide a demo model to explain how this feature should work.

By the way, I tried playing with this new feature just for a very short while. I found that if the perturbation harmonic frequency is a littile bit high (>1000 Hz in my case), then it doesn't work properly becasue the first step, which is the stationary solution step, doesn't show proper solution anymore. I hope COMSOL could provide a demo model to explain how this feature should work.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.