Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Where can I change scale of Axis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I want a fix scale in a 2D model in the 4.0 version. If I want the x-axis to go from -1.368 to 4.210 exactly, how do I do that? the zooming tool is not god enougth.
Does somebody know, please?

Thanks,

Olivia

3 Replies Last Post Sep 14, 2010, 3:00 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 13, 2010, 8:14 a.m. EDT
Hi

good question, do you have any other ones like that ?

A line graph seems to have few options (in 4.0a but additional subnodes to the graph might come in 4.1, who knows, but only if we eare enough to tell Comsol via "suggest" see www.comsol.eu/contact/ )

On a line graphs (then probably on the other too)
- the box scaling works (but is reset on a new solve)
- You can copy the solution Data set and put a selection filter on the new Solution and plot there from, probably not good enough

But using an X-Axis expression for a line along "y" from 0.01 to 0.1 of the type y*(y>0.05)*(y<0.07) does NOT give desired result, allthough they are logical from a strict programming point of view

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi good question, do you have any other ones like that ? A line graph seems to have few options (in 4.0a but additional subnodes to the graph might come in 4.1, who knows, but only if we eare enough to tell Comsol via "suggest" see http://www.comsol.eu/contact/ ) On a line graphs (then probably on the other too) - the box scaling works (but is reset on a new solve) - You can copy the solution Data set and put a selection filter on the new Solution and plot there from, probably not good enough But using an X-Axis expression for a line along "y" from 0.01 to 0.1 of the type y*(y>0.05)*(y

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 14, 2010, 8:53 a.m. EDT
For a 1D Plot Group you can control the x- and y-axis limits in the plot group's Settings window (under Axis and Grid Settings).

For a 2D Plot Group, you can add one or more View 2D nodes under Results>Views and control the axis settings with the "Lock axis" check box in the View 2D node's Settings window and specify the axis limits and whether to preserve the aspect ratio or not in the Axis subnode's Settings window. You can then control which view to apply to the plots in the 2D Plot Group by selecting any added view from the View list.

I hope this helps.

Magnus Ringh
COMSOL AB
For a 1D Plot Group you can control the x- and y-axis limits in the plot group's Settings window (under Axis and Grid Settings). For a 2D Plot Group, you can add one or more View 2D nodes under Results>Views and control the axis settings with the "Lock axis" check box in the View 2D node's Settings window and specify the axis limits and whether to preserve the aspect ratio or not in the Axis subnode's Settings window. You can then control which view to apply to the plots in the 2D Plot Group by selecting any added view from the View list. I hope this helps. Magnus Ringh COMSOL AB

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 14, 2010, 3:00 p.m. EDT
Hi Magnus

Thanks, I was looking one node level too low, I forgot to open up the higher node sub-items.

As suggestion perhaps you shouild add a clickable "+" on the border: "open all sub-item-levels" ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Magnus Thanks, I was looking one node level too low, I forgot to open up the higher node sub-items. As suggestion perhaps you shouild add a clickable "+" on the border: "open all sub-item-levels" ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.