Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

time varying sea surface scattering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am very new at COMSOL. I have a simple problem but i guess it can be hard to implement in COMSOL.

I am working in 2D domain. I want to model plane wave (can I create it for a finite duration?) scattering from a time varying geometry. Simply, there is a rectangle shape. But top boundary of rectangle is not flat. It is a curve which is formed according to spectrum of sea surface (Matlab livelink). And this boundary will change in every time step according to velocity of sea surface. Can I achieve this? Can I change the geometry without changing the physics in every time step? By the way other three boundaries of the rectangle is PML. Time varying boundary is sound soft interface (water-air).

Thank you...

0 Replies Last Post Dec 29, 2013, 4:25 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hasan Gunes

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.