Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3-D Modelling , Filling an open gap

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good Afternoon,

I'm building a damper that has a hollow casing and a rubber-ish inside. This rubber is applied inside the case trough a direct injection.

I'd like to know if I can model the casing ( using Material 1 ) then fill the gap of the case with another material ( Material 2 ).

3 Replies Last Post Mar 18, 2013, 4:38 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 14, 2013, 2:37 p.m. EDT
Hi

for me it remindsme of eiher a two fluid FSSI interaction or a level set suronded by fluid, but you need some combination of ALE therein, the way I see it, and currently I have problems mixing ALE and level set capilary forces correctly. Something I'm missing to get it right ;)

In anycase forget v4.0 use the latest

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi for me it remindsme of eiher a two fluid FSSI interaction or a level set suronded by fluid, but you need some combination of ALE therein, the way I see it, and currently I have problems mixing ALE and level set capilary forces correctly. Something I'm missing to get it right ;) In anycase forget v4.0 use the latest -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 17, 2013, 3:36 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,
I want in 3D geometry of open-topped, rectangular prism of 1.6 m length, 0.4 m in width and 0.4 m in height. The wall
thickness is 1 mm. The container was filled with water to a depth of 0.3 m.My physics is FSI. I cann't select the container wall when i want to defining its Linear elastic material section.
could you help me!
Thanks,
Jorden
Hi Ivar, I want in 3D geometry of open-topped, rectangular prism of 1.6 m length, 0.4 m in width and 0.4 m in height. The wall thickness is 1 mm. The container was filled with water to a depth of 0.3 m.My physics is FSI. I cann't select the container wall when i want to defining its Linear elastic material section. could you help me! Thanks, Jorden

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 18, 2013, 4:38 p.m. EDT
Hi

which version are you using ?
in FSI you need to define the domains fluid and solid by appropriate Domain nodes in the physics node and have both fluid and solid domains defined for the main FSI node

Bt without a model I cannot tell much more ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi which version are you using ? in FSI you need to define the domains fluid and solid by appropriate Domain nodes in the physics node and have both fluid and solid domains defined for the main FSI node Bt without a model I cannot tell much more ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.