Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to measure max and min electric field of certain surface area ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I simulated the insulation with a void , ( rectangular and circle) in 2D.
any way I want measure the max and min of electric field on the surface of the circle (certain surface) then how can I do THIS?
I can measure max and min in whole surface of my geometry but I need measure just at void surface.

thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post Feb 9, 2013, 9:31 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 15, 2013, 8:04 a.m. EST
Hi

you have the min max plot option on a surface OR on a line or ..., but this will by default check all surfaces and all lines ... So you should make a subset with a Results - Data Set - select surface or select line and apply the min max plot thereon.

You can also use a Derived values node on a selection and ask for the min manx. Check the forum how to dump also the x,y,z location of the min aor max value

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the min max plot option on a surface OR on a line or ..., but this will by default check all surfaces and all lines ... So you should make a subset with a Results - Data Set - select surface or select line and apply the min max plot thereon. You can also use a Derived values node on a selection and ask for the min manx. Check the forum how to dump also the x,y,z location of the min aor max value -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 9, 2013, 9:31 p.m. EST
Dear Ivar
Thank you for you reply.

Dear Ivar Thank you for you reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.