Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Update 1 for COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3a is now available!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the release of Update 1 for version 4.3a of COMSOL Multiphysics. For subscription license holders, access the product update at: www.comsol.com/support/updates/comsol43ap/

The highlight is the update of LiveLink™ for Excel® which, in addition to the already existing support of Microsoft Excel 2010 on Windows, is now compatible with Microsoft Excel 2007. This product was provided to subscription license holders at no initial cost with the release of version 4.3a this past October.

If you have not downloaded 4.3a, you will be happy to know that this update is included with the software download, available at:
www.comsol.com/support/download/

For more information and details about version 4.3a, visit:
www.comsol.com/products/4.3a/

This update contains lots of improvements and new features inspired by users. Thank you for your continued support of multiphysics!

Valerio

4 Replies Last Post Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 6, 2012, 7:43 p.m. EST
Oh~it's great.

however, I can't see the ribbon tab in Microsoft Excel 2007.

I removed COMSOL4.3a with LiveLink for Excel in the Control Panel, downloaded the 'new' file and installed it. But I couldn't find the 'COMSOL' tab.

My computer is Windows XP SP3 with Microsoft Excel 2007.
Oh~it's great. however, I can't see the ribbon tab in Microsoft Excel 2007. I removed COMSOL4.3a with LiveLink for Excel in the Control Panel, downloaded the 'new' file and installed it. But I couldn't find the 'COMSOL' tab. My computer is Windows XP SP3 with Microsoft Excel 2007.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 7, 2012, 1:07 a.m. EST
Hi

I had the same problem, with Excel 2007, finally I spent the day to update to Excel 2010 (still not finished to tailor it and to overwrite again my other software add-ins ;(

1) I had an issue with the registry Wov key (but I'm in MS Win7-64 so this should not be your issue in XP), then I still could not get the ribbon to appear.
2) without this registry change I could not manually check my COM add in and get it loaded. But I really wonder if the COM got registered correctly within Windows OS for communication, could it be linked to the same issue some years ago about the link to matlab not being registered with the OS ? Now for matlab there is a "button" in the Options Preferences LiveLink Products, perhaps COMSOL must add one for Excel ?

Last though what if we reduced the number of upgrades and different OS's, OK probably Microsoft would lose their positive gradient and and gain as much, but what would we million of users gain time and effort ... just to dream a little, but finally why should we pay and have to do the job ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I had the same problem, with Excel 2007, finally I spent the day to update to Excel 2010 (still not finished to tailor it and to overwrite again my other software add-ins ;( 1) I had an issue with the registry Wov key (but I'm in MS Win7-64 so this should not be your issue in XP), then I still could not get the ribbon to appear. 2) without this registry change I could not manually check my COM add in and get it loaded. But I really wonder if the COM got registered correctly within Windows OS for communication, could it be linked to the same issue some years ago about the link to matlab not being registered with the OS ? Now for matlab there is a "button" in the Options Preferences LiveLink Products, perhaps COMSOL must add one for Excel ? Last though what if we reduced the number of upgrades and different OS's, OK probably Microsoft would lose their positive gradient and and gain as much, but what would we million of users gain time and effort ... just to dream a little, but finally why should we pay and have to do the job ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 7, 2012, 9:12 a.m. EST
Hi,
thanks a lot for reporting these issues.

The most effective way to reach our support engineers is by creating a support case at:
www.comsol.com/support/case/

I suggest you to provide them with as much information as possible about your installation.

Valerio
Hi, thanks a lot for reporting these issues. The most effective way to reach our support engineers is by creating a support case at: http://www.comsol.com/support/case/ I suggest you to provide them with as much information as possible about your installation. Valerio

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 7, 2012, 10:00 a.m. EST
Hi,

Please see this knowledgebase page for the solution to this problem:
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1151/

Best regards,
Anders Ekerot
COMSOL Technical Support
Hi, Please see this knowledgebase page for the solution to this problem: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1151/ Best regards, Anders Ekerot COMSOL Technical Support

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.