Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem running the Busbar example model from Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am know to Comsol and learning how to operate comsol from Matlab.

I am trying to run the 'Busbar' example from a Matlab 'm' file. This example is given both in the general help of Comsol and in the LiveLink to Matlab help. .
I copied the code very carefully from the 'Introduction to LiveLink for Matlab' help into a Matlab 'm' file.
After copping every step in the example I run the Matlab program and observed the results.
Everything worked fine until I copied the following lines, which create electric potential boundary conditions:

pot1 = jh.feature.create('pot1', 'ElectricPotential', 2);
pot1.selection.set([43]);
pot1.set('v0', 'Vtot');

(copied from my 'm' file)

Because of the font it is hard to tell but the '0' in 'V0' is a zero (I also tried replace it with both 'o' and 'O' ).
This time I always get an error message:

Error using com.comsol.model.physics.impl.PhysicsFeatureImpl/set
Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException: Unknown parameter X#v0
- Feature: Joule Heating (jh)

I tried everything I know but cannot proceed because of this error.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Alon

0 Replies Last Post Oct 3, 2012, 10:04 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alon Rozen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.