Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

format in fem.mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I exported a mesh which I created in Comsol via LiveLink to Matlab.
Now I have some questions about the format of fem.mesh.
Which fields does fem.mesh has? (I can't do fields(fem.mesh), because fem.mesh is a femmesh object, but there you can also access to the date like in structs).
I know the following fields:
fem.mesh.t - information about the tetraeder
fem.mesh.v - information about the vertices
fem.mesh.p - coordinates of the mesh vertices
fem.mesh.eg
fem.mesh.e

What is stored in fem.mesh.eg and fem.mesh.e? I know that the first two respectivly three rows are the numbers of the corresponding vertices. But what is about the next three/ nine rows?

I can't find any information to that in the COmsol reference guide and the comsol matlab interface guide.

Thanks for your help!

I use Comsol 3.4 and Matlab2008b.

0 Replies Last Post May 30, 2012, 9:57 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lena Meyer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.