Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using remesh deformed configuration as geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm modeling a thermally actuated microvalve. I'm first running a study on only the actuation part, so the valve moving due to thermal actuation without fluid. I want to use the deformed mesh of that study to run a laminar flow study to calculate the flow through the (open) valve.

I'm able to create the deformed mesh, but whenever I want to run my laminar flow study with this mesh I get the following error message: "- Feature: Compile Equations: Stationary (sol2/st1) Error in multiphysics compilation. Evaluations in finite voids are not supported when evaluating using geometries generated from a mesh."

Can anyone help me out on this one?

Thanks,

Stijn

0 Replies Last Post Mar 29, 2020, 6:56 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stijn Paardekooper

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.