Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Phase Change - liquid to vapor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am interested in studying to model the phase change of liquid water to vapor by heating the downside of a cup (in 2D), like it is shown in the attachment.

To model this, I selected two materials: Water and Air. For the Physics Interfaces I selected 'Nonisothermal Laminar Flow', which combines 'Heat Transfer in Fluids & Laminar Flow'. For the phase change you could choose the Domain 'Phase Change Material'. I am not really sure, how you have to model it with the right settings to simulate the phase change from liquid water, which will heated up, to vapor.

0 Replies Last Post May 7, 2019, 5:48 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andre Schmidt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.