Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adhesion between two layers

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am interested in studying the adhesion between two layers. There is also a Link for it: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-model-adhesion-and-decohesion-in-comsol-multiphysics/

But I cannot find the subnode 'Adhesion' to the 'Contact' node in the model tree in the Model Builder. Can anyone help?

1 Reply Last Post Feb 24, 2019, 5:24 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Feb 24, 2019, 5:24 p.m. EST

Hi,

You have to select penalty method for the contact pressure method and then you will see the adhesion option. Note the default I usually see is Augmented Lagrangian.

Suresh

Hi, You have to select penalty method for the contact pressure method and then you will see the adhesion option. Note the default I usually see is Augmented Lagrangian. Suresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.