Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Matlab LiveLink

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys... I am physics student and really begginer at comsol. I need to provide post processing by matlab livelink . when I try to open my comsol prj at matlab , I see a message which says I can just read data from comsol prj :

Warning: The file "C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL53a\Multiphysics\applications\LiveLink_for_MATLAB\Tutorials\homogenization_llmatlab.mph" is read-only

what is the problem ?

3 Replies Last Post Jul 27, 2018, 10:57 a.m. EDT

Posted: 6 years ago Jul 26, 2018, 8:33 a.m. EDT

Hi Mohammad,

Did you open the "COMSOL with Livelink" program or just the "COMSOL"?

Best,

Nichal

Hi Mohammad, Did you open the "COMSOL with Livelink" program or just the "COMSOL"? Best, Nichal

Posted: 6 years ago Jul 27, 2018, 10:30 a.m. EDT

Hi Nichal

I open the Comsol With Matlab program at the first step, then I open a specific comsol program ( e.g : prj1.mph ) at the second step . when I write the command "mphopen" in "matlab command window" and select the comsol project( prj1.mph) , it shows : warning : the file is read only

This is exactly what I wrote and got :

mphopen Warning: The file "D:\comsol\projects\prj1.mph" is read-only The COMSOL model is now accessible using the variable 'model'.

Thannks for your consideration,

Mohammad

Hi Nichal I open the Comsol With Matlab program at the first step, then I open a specific comsol program ( e.g : prj1.mph ) at the second step . when I write the command "mphopen" in "matlab command window" and select the comsol project( prj1.mph) , it shows : warning : the file is read only This is exactly what I wrote and got : >> mphopen Warning: The file "D:\comsol\projects\prj1.mph" is read-only The COMSOL model is now accessible using the variable 'model'. Thannks for your consideration, Mohammad

Posted: 6 years ago Jul 27, 2018, 10:57 a.m. EDT

I am afraid I can not help more than trying to guess because I just recently start to work with livelink...

Here are some suggestions though: -> if you are using linux start livelink using the command: comsol server matlab -> if you are using a computador that is not yours check the permission of the folder where you saved the file -> try to save the file in another folder and see if it helps -> if the .mph file is not yours check the permissions of it within COMSOL

Hope any of these help you Mohammad

Best,

Nichal

I am afraid I can not help more than trying to guess because I just recently start to work with livelink... Here are some suggestions though: -> if you are using linux start livelink using the command: comsol server matlab -> if you are using a computador that is not yours check the permission of the folder where you saved the file -> try to save the file in another folder and see if it helps -> if the .mph file is not yours check the permissions of it within COMSOL Hope any of these help you Mohammad Best, Nichal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.